Re: Debian GNU/Linux Reference Card under test

Hi,

many, many thanks to all of you who sent comments and
suggestions about the reference card.  The phrase "the
Debian community is always helpful" in the first section of
reference card proved to be true once again.

NEW URL: http://people.debian.org/~debacle/refcard/
NEW URL: http://people.debian.org/~debacle/refcard/refcard.dbk
NEW URL: http://people.debian.org/~debacle/refcard/refcard.pdf

Now, the card is almost crowded, so I cannot add much more.
Maybe some points about the new installer, e.g. "how and
why to use expert mode", but that's basically it.

If nobody objects, I like to ask for translations.

Gunnar, Nicolas, would you do a Spanish and French
version?  Unfortunately, I think I'm unable to provide for a
German translation.  I looked at some Debian stuff in
German, but I didn't understand a word.  I just don't know
computer-related terms in German - I used English for these
things from the beginning, so I need a volunteer for my own
language :-)  An Italian translation would be cool, too!

Question: How are translations of DocBook/XML documents
done?  Is there a toolchain similar to gettext?  Or do we
have to copy the complete file and translate it separately?
That would be a maintanance nightmare!

Cheers, WB
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/