Re: TrueType font policy / best practices?

Scripsit Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com>

> >> What path should I add to my fontpath to X (for gtk1/motif/etc apps) ?

> > /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType

> Why isn't this in XF86Config-4 by default?  Oh, right, x-ttcidfont-conf is
> strictly optional.  OK, isn't there some way for it to magically make its
> fonts available without requiring the admin to manually edit XF86Config-4?

Hmm, /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.d perhaps?

But I'm sure there's zillions of independent reasons not to do that.

Henning Makholm          "Also, the letters are printed. That makes the task
                        of identifying the handwriting much more difficult."