Re: pcmcia-modules troubles on bootup

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004, Per Olofsson wrote:

> mv /etc/rc2.d/S20pcmcia /etc/rc2.d/K20pcmcia

Thanks Per -- problem now sorted!
(I'd only just painfully worked out where I should be looking; but I
hadn't thought of renaming, as opposed to blowing away entirely.)

> kernel-pcmcia-modules or pcmcia-modules? Unless you have a
> PCI-but-not-Cardbus bridge, you should use kernel-pcmcia-modules.

kernel-pcmcia-modules.  My sloppiness of expression :)

Now all I need to know is where KDE sets the font it uses for the login
box -- it's defaulted to some curious and unreadable grotesque font,
but, unlike Gnome, doesn't give you an option to play with font settings
from the login box itself.

Any clues on that one, anyone?
mwheeler@startext.co.uk                http://www.startext.co.uk/mwheeler/