Re: pcmcia-modules troubles on bootup

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 16:39 +0000, Martin WHEELER wrote:
> I (part) upgraded testing on my Toshiba Satellite laptop yesterday, and
> noticed it was putting in two new kernel images (2.4.24 & 25), with
> associated pcmcia-modules.

kernel-pcmcia-modules or pcmcia-modules? Unless you have a
PCI-but-not-Cardbus bridge, you should use kernel-pcmcia-modules.

> Machine gets to:
>
>    Starting PCMCIA services: Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
>    PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 02:04:0
>    PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin B of device 02:04:1
>
>  .. and locks solid.
>
> All attemepts to boot from a rescue disk give pretty much the same
> result.  Fortunately, I've got a copy of Fedora on the laptop as well,
> so I can get to the Debian partition that way.  Can anyone help in
> telling me what to kill and whereabouts in the boot process, to stop the
> machine from even thinking about attempting to suss the two card
> slots?

mv /etc/rc2.d/S20pcmcia /etc/rc2.d/K20pcmcia

> (Getting the card slots operational is a problem I can sort later.
> I don't even really need them, as the machine is usually networked, and
> I would only ever use one slot anyway, for a modem in lieu.)

You could try to delete some resource ranges in
/etc/pcmcia/config.opts. I know Fedora has different resource ranges
there.

--
Pelle