Re: [custom] Updated docs regarding meta package building
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [custom] Updated docs regarding meta package building
- From: Free Ekanayaka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 11:24:34 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> (Andreas Tille's message of "Thu, 1 Apr 2004 07:46:38 +0200 (CEST)")
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <20040331105454.G16763@saruman.uio.no> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
>>>>> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 07:46:38 +0200 (CEST), Andreas Tille <firstname.lastname@example.org> said:
Andreas> On Thu, 1 Apr 2004, Free Ekanayaka wrote:
>> The bottom-up approach you suggest is definitively the way to
>> go. Of course that the best suited people to provide the
>> knoppix-* packages are the Knoppix team itself. Are they
>> already working to something like this?
Andreas> When I did a workshop on LinuxTag Karlsruhe last year
Andreas> Klaus Knopper was present and regarded it as a really
Andreas> cool idea. He would definitely support efforts in this
Andreas> direction but he admitted that he does not feel competent
Andreas> enough regarding Debian packaging and his time scale does
Andreas> not permit to work in this direction. Moreover Fabian
Andreas> Franz (who is busy writing the harddisk installer for
Andreas> Knoppix and some other Knoppix related stuff) was
Andreas> successful in implementing the bottom-up approach for
Andreas> PowerPC. BUt this was more or less a design study and
Andreas> Fabian told me that he has time constraints to continue
Andreas> working on this topic.
Andreas> There were some other people interested and did some
Andreas> stuff which might be a good start, but all in all it is
Andreas> currently not much more than an idea ...
We shall start discuss about this both with the knoppix team and here
You already know Klaus Knopper, so it would be great if you could
write directly to him, reminding the talk you had and pointing to the
Live CD section of the CDD paper.
Then we see what happens..
>> Moreover this confirm my impression that there are many people
>> around working independently on similar issues more or less
>> related with what the CDDs are all about, but without knowing
>> each other.
Andreas> Definitely! My main concern is to fix this in the first
Yes, I agree. Let's keep it on!