Re: Getting newer kernels into stable

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 03:33:12PM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> However, if a newly installed stable system installed the kernel-image-2.6
> virtual package, an apt-get upgrade would upgrade the kernel if this virtual
> package subsequently depended on kernel-image-2.6.6 instead of
> kernel-image-2.6.4 (which is another spin on what you're saying above,
> anyway).

Perhaps it is a good idea to have a distribution specific default kernel
virtual package, maybe for different streams, but preferrrable not.

linux-image-woody-i386

or

linux-image-woody-i386-2.4

Where we gurantee updates as long as the distribution is supported. I am not
sure if it makes sence, since we have quite a few kernel package flavours.

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Mörscher_Strasse_8.76185Karlsruhe.de --