Re: testing and no release schedule

Colin Watson wrote:
> At the same time, we *have* to have a working installer; anything else
> is just not an option. To some extent, the exact details of what version
> of everything else we release with is a distraction, and is certainly
> much more easily solved. (Not meaning to demean anyone's efforts, of
> course, but I think it's clear that "our installer doesn't work yet"
> usually overrides "we don't have a new enough version of <foo>".)

It works quite well now on i386, ia64, and alpha, and to some extent on some
of the other architectures (powerpc, sparc, m68k).

Is it time to drop some architectures and/or subarchitectures?  :-P  For
instance, powerpc-oldworld appears to be a PITA to support, and
powerpc-apus likewise.  Some ARM subarchitectures don't even have a kernel
yet, nobody's built a daily build for mipsel ever as far as I can tell,
etc.

--
Make sure your vote will count.
http://www.verifiedvoting.org/