Re: testing and no release schedule

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 04:22:51PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> Is it time to drop some architectures and/or subarchitectures?  :-P  For
> instance, powerpc-oldworld appears to be a PITA to support, and
> powerpc-apus likewise.  Some ARM subarchitectures don't even have a kernel
> yet, nobody's built a daily build for mipsel ever as far as I can tell,
> etc.

The missing daily build on mipsel is due to breakage in two areas:
keyboard support and proper serial console support (the latter is a
problem for other architectures as well and problems in this area
occur also on i386, if somebody actually uses serial console there).
These issues are being worked on, but it needs some time. D-i works
ok on mipsel besides these two things (just did a full install two
days ago), but as long as these two are unfixed, having daily builds
do not make sense.

Regards,
Karsten
--