Re: Proposal: /etc/friendlynames

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 08:42:06AM -0800, William Ballard wrote:
> Anyway, I've hacked dpkg into friendlynames.  I'll post it on
> sourceforge.  I don't give a toss about it going into Debian.

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/f/friendlynames/

Well, there it is.  It works perfectly.  It was stupid easy, a moron
like me could do it.  If you don't like it, don't use it.  It takes a
couple days to get sourcforge to start it.  Builds clean with pbuilder
sid.

# update-friendlynames --install /usr/bin/viewpdf viewpdf `which xpdf` 10

Obviously, installing 'viewpdf' will now break, because it doesn't use
it.

If you think it's a tremendously stupid idea, don't use it.  My
great-grandfather used to say, there's enough ways in the world for
everybody to have one of their own.

I won't bother to ITP, because I expect everyone here except me will
hate it.