Re: Proposal: /etc/friendlynames

#include <hallo.h>
* Number Six [Fri, Mar 26 2004, 06:00:50AM]:

> Or are you complaining about me not using my real name?

Yes. Having a real name is the way of showing the minimum level of
politeness in Usenet and any civilized discussion media. If you ignore it
and prefer to present yourself as a dick, well, that is your choice.

> Since I've identified myself as the author of tupim, I'm not any worse

How should we know that that is you
that-it's-you-that-you-that-the-one-you that wrote this mail with yet
another pseudonym?

> off getting a new package in than anybody else.  And since it's not
> going to be called 'pim', what's the problem?  If nobody will accept
> friendlynames (which, btw, I'm already almost finished with), then I'll
> just build my thing without it, put it on sourceforge, and point people
> to it.  I don't care if nobody uses it but me.  Which I've heard a time
> or two about Debian.

Do it so. We need a clear consens before accepting a such package. I do
not have a clear opinion, it has its advantages (call-by-function),
disadvantages (support hell caused by name confusion, syntax
inconsistencies, etc.pp.) and redundant things (we have already a good
menu structure to cover such issues).

Regards,
Eduard.
--
Es ist traurig, eine Ausnahme zu sein. Aber noch viel trauriger ist
es, keine zu sein.