Re: Proposal: /etc/friendlynames

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 08:19:29AM +0100, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
> If there's two packages installing binaries with the same name, and they are
> not replacements for each other, I guess that's a problem upstream should be
> made aware of, too, so I see manual conflict resolution here as a good thing.

Okay, then, that's it.  I'm going to continue to dh_link my 'tupim' to
'pim.'  Since there currently are no 'pim's, it's not a problem.
If/when there is a pim, I'll change it, or just mark myself in conflict
with whomever else also claims it, nobody else needs to do anything.

The problem with not putting in policy is you either have to agree this
is okay in all cases or else you are not presenting an even playing
field (by allowing GNUStep and Imagemagick to install generic binary
names).  I'm perfectly fine being in conflict with any other app named
'pim'.

Okay?