Re: When is it acceptable to set Urgency: high on upload?

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Number Six wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 08:25:16AM -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> >  1. Is it important enough to require higher priority on auto-builders,
> >     and to go through the testing scripts faster? If so, set it to
> >     medium or high.
> >
> >  2. Is it imperative that an upload be installed everywhere by tomorrow?
> >     (usually, for remote-root-roles and unrelated-data-loss bugs). If so,
> >     set it to "emergency".
>
> The last time this came up I was under the impression the response was
> if it fixes a security hole, it's High.  For everything else, it's Low.
> And no use case for Medium was presented, and this fact was commented
> upon.
>
> Am I mis-remembering this?

<shrugs>  I don't recall.

I can describe what *I* do, though: all my security updates go as "high",
all important (for the end user) bug fixes as "medium".  I have used
"emergency" only once, I don't even remember when (it was a quite serious
security hole).

Even with such a broad criteria, about 80% of my uploads are of low urgency,
(since I don't do an upload for every trivial bug I fix. If I did, about
99% would be low priority ;-) ).

  Henrique Holschuh