Re: New NMU of fvwm to experimental

hi manoj,

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 01:13:18AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	The integration with the menu system is not lost.  You may
>  still have the Debian menu -- and I'll include instructions
>  prominently in the documentation. I'll see what can be done about
>  including the menu system in the automatic  configuration system.

cool.  i think the important thing is that the menu is there by
default--i've always found debian's cross-wm handling of program menus
as one of the really neat features of debian on the desktop.  it'd be
a shame to see that disappear in my favorite window manager.

you could always instruct the user to go to /usr/share/doc, which
would work for workstations where the administrator is the primary
user, but i could see this being rather annoying if you had a lab
or public area type environment, where you don't want to require the
users to have to do anything (sure, you'd probably give these kind of
users kde in the first place, but...)

if it proves to be impossible to get both, perhaps there could be a
debconf question for whether or not to install a site-wide fvwm2rc,
explaining the pros and cons of each?

	sean