Re: New NMU of fvwm to experimental

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 00:45:01 -0500, sean finney <seanius@seanius.net> said:

> hi manoj,
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 06:49:34PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> They have a point; there is a new mechanism in FVWM that generates
>> a configuration file for a new user if none exists; and this config
>> is better than the one we ship. Indeed, our packaging is outdated,
>> and shadows neat new features in the fvwm install, making the
>> experience for Debian users significantly worse.
>>
>> > As an example I agree with Mikhael that there shouldn't be a
>> > system-wide default fvwm config: Dan's excellent work to bring up
>> > a configurator for new FVWM users shouldn't be hidden by
>> > years-old crusty configuration files.

> if we dropped the system-wide configuration file, would it still be
> possible to include the debian programs menu?

	The integration with the menu system is not lost.  You may
 still have the Debian menu -- and I'll include instructions
 prominently in the documentation. I'll see what can be done about
 including the menu system in the automatic  configuration system.

	manoj
--
"The filter has discreting sources." KSC FIDO, 1/28/86