Re: Screw non-free.

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 04:27:34PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Matthew Palmer [Sat, Mar 13 2004, 01:01:58AM]:
> > On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 11:00:10AM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
>
> > > What? You are a Debian developer, you should know how to deal with buggy
> > > packages. Why did you not report this problems before? Why did you not
> > > make sure that the problems are fixed OR the particular packages are
> > > kicked from the archive? Or did you deliberatedly wait without making
> > > noise to construct pseudo-arguments right now?
> >
> > Nope.  I don't typically bother reporting bugs in packages that aren't part
> > of Debian.
>
> Lol. Show me the part of SC that limits your area of activity to the
> "packages in Debian".

Nothing to do with the SC.  Nothing in the SC limits me from doing any work
outside Debian, IMO.  I simply gave an answer to why I didn't report bugs on
packages outside of Debian - because, for those packages, I feel no
compulsion to do so.  If I see a bug in a package that is part of Debian, I
will do what I can to fix it - I see that as part of my duty as a
maintainer.  Anything else is my personal perogative.

- Matt