Re: First Call for votes: General resolution for the handling of the non-free section

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

> the word "fuck" is used in everyday conversation, and has been for
> as long as i can remember.

Except that you made it perfectly clear that in this case you *did*
intend the offense.  In fact, you said that something I did meant I
deserved to have you treat me with contempt, and that you chose the
words you did specifically to indicate contempt and to cause offense.

You can't now plead that this wasn't your intention after all.  It's a
style of speech you reserve only for showing contempt, and the mailing
list policy prohibits swearing, in explicit terms.

> what is actually offensive, on the other hand, is stupidity.

The mailing list policy does not prohibit stupidity.

Thomas