Re: [debian-devel] Re: Ancient architecture

Number Six wrote:
On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 01:44:10PM -0800, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

Some people simpy love these machines, and it is their right to
do so.

Surely, I would not question anyone's right to love.

This is going to sound cold-hearted and off-topic, but I'm curious:

Since this sounds so much analagous to the elderly-and-slowly-dying
that I have known (increasingly absurd techniques to prolong
lifespan, deemed by all worth it because of the love factor), and
I've first-hand experience how that turns out (enormous drain of
resources followed by death anyway), could any who have experience
with the "euthanasia" type-of-experience describe if it was worth it?

On balance, is it better to kill it anyway?

No one has ever said so, which is why these sorts of things *always*
 happen.

Nobody has ever said so, because anybody with any direct experience of
euthanasia is dead.
Will you please stop doing this to yourself, Tom?
Regards,

David.