Re: First Call for votes: General resolution for the handling of the non-free section

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 09:33:25PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:
>
> > it's somehow OK for you to complain about my occasional, in-context and
> > grammatically-correct use of certain English words, but it is *NOT OK* for
> > me to make any complaint about the constant petty idiocy and pedantic
> > spitefulness on this list.
>
> No, that's not what I said.  You are misrepresenting me, which is, well,
> dishonest.  Shame on you.

no, it's not a misrepresentation at all.  misrepresentation is the kind of
thing you and Goerzen do where you outright lie and say that somebody said
something exactly opposite to what they actually said.

> You are welcome to criticize if you like, but your tone and your language is
> not acceptible.

you seem to have difficulty grasping the obvious, so here is your hypocrisy,
spelt out in terms simple enough even for you:

  you are claiming that it is OK for you to use pedantic idiocy to
  complain about my swearing but it is not OK for me to use swearing to
  complain about your pedantic idiocy.

you are also elevating the significance of something YOU claim not to like
(swearing) to the status of Universal Truth, above something that I don't like
(pedantic idiocy) when in reality, they are both just subjective opinions.

> Got it?  I have not said that you cannot
> make "any complaint", I have said that you must couch such a complaint
> by using decent and acceptible tones.

my point precisely.

it is not up to you to tell me HOW i may say something.

i'll use whatever words i feel are necessary to get my point across.  if you
don't like some of the words that i choose to employ, then tough luck - get a life.

if you want to argue with what i'm saying then argue over the content, don't
make some stupid pedantic fight over word choices.  it's just another boring
variant of the spelling-flame.

> Moreover, the fact that you don't like something--even if it's something
> bad--does not justify your use of language.

i'll use any fucking language i like, whether you like it or not.

and the more you try to tell me i do not have the right to use my language as i
see fit, the more i will fucking insist on my fucking right to say whatever the
fuck i want to say, using whatever fucking words i choose.

even on general principles, censoring fascists like you have to be opposed
every step of the way.

craig

PS: as for respect, i reserve that for people i actually feel respect for.
you disqualified yourself years ago.