Re: Screw non-free.

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 06:08:24PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> [The xpdf-(various asian languages) thing is a bit weird -- it seems to
> be because they include `adobe CMAP files', whatever those are...]

That's right. They're data files from the evil Adobe corporation that
are needed to interpret the PDF files. To be honest I don't even know
what they do exactly, just that they're needed.

I don't know if it's possible or meaningful for someone to create free
versions of those.

Hamish (xpdf-* maintainer)