Re: Vote for April 1st?

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 02:16:41PM +0100, Martin Albert wrote:
> All DD!
>
> I really couldn't believe that i had actually read this:
>
> > The next release of Debian will not be accompanied by a non-free
> > section; there will be no more stable releases of the non-free
> > section. The Debian project will cease active support of the
> > non-free section. Clause 5 of the social contract is repealed.
>
> Is my clock wrong, april 1st already?
>

> I strongly and seriously object any such request as disgusting and
> unrespectful. As it would dissemble Debian essentially, it is in itself
> either destructive or otherwise meaningless and therefore silly.

Yeah, well. Some people seem to think that by removing non-free,
upstream authors would have more incentive to suddenly make their
software free. This horse has been discussed to death and beyond on the
debian-vote mailinglist already; but see Mail-Followup-To: (apart from
actually voting, anything else is too late already).

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."