Re: What the hell is happening to Debian ? (and FLOSS in general)

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 10:41:57AM +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> A broken dpkg in unstable would be detected pretty fast, I think.

This is not a good thing; "unstable" should not be synonymous to
"broken".

In some cases, it might be a good idea to start using experimental for
potential breakages.  I had been playing around with the idea of using
experimental for NMU uploads as the substitute DELAYED queue (though
obviously not an automated one).  However, we don't want experimental to
become a dumping ground for questional packages.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/