Re: P4 optimized Debian GNU/Linux?

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 03:30:14PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> If you are intrested in using a locally compiled Debian maybe you are
> willing to sponsor sourcerer.

  If not then I would be interested in testing and potentially
  sponsoring it.

  (This seems like an ideal way of producing a base system which
 had been compiled by the SSP compiler I've been toying with).

> I have the setup running on my system successfully but the packaging
> still needs work. Mainly automating the setup of the initial chroot
> and providing a nice frontend to manage failed builds. And a nice,
> configurable gcc/g++ wraper has to be written so people can specify
> what kind of optimizations they would like.

  If it were me I'd just write a tiny g++/gcc shell script that
 does something like:

 	#!/bin/sh
	/usr/bin/gcc.real `cat /etc/gcc/global.options` $*

  Then use diversions to install it over the relevent file - I've done
 this with success before.

Steve
--
# Debian Security Audit Project