Re: nagios_1.2-2_i386.changes REJECTED

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 04:22:13PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Turbo Fredriksson (turbo@debian.org) [040225 16:10]:
> > Quoting Debian Installer <installer@ftp-master.debian.org>:
> > > Rejected: nagios_1.2-2.dsc refers to nagios_1.2.orig.tar.gz, but I can't find it in the queue or in the pool.
>
> > With the current locked upload queue(s), how do I upload this
> > file without rebuilding (including source in upload)?
>
> You don't.
>
> > Previos version happened to have 'nagios_1.2-1.tar.gz' as tarball
> > (which should be the one that's in the FTP archive).
>
> Then, please take exactly this tar-file from the ftp-server, and build
> your package with that. (Everything else could make _real_ problems if
> e.g. a security update is necessary.)

No, not at all. To convert from native to .orig format you just need to
build with the -sa option to dpkg-buildpackage/debuild, so that the
.orig.tar.gz gets uploaded.

The prohibition is on overwriting existing files, which uploading a new
.orig.tar.gz in a non-1 revision as Turbo wants to do doesn't violate.

Cheers,