On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 07:40:35PM -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Andreas Barth (aba@not.so.argh.org) wrote:
> > I for myself would like if the AMs would be able to check the
> > communication skills the same way as the technical skills.
>
> Bug reports can help show this.  Unfortunately, not all applicants have
> much in the BTS..

Maybe not, but, along with having at least one package in the archive,
it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to recommend that applicants have
spent some time with the BTS (e.g. by triaging, etc.).

> > However, that would need some good ideas what could be used for that,
> > and some example template questions. Any good suggestions are welcome.
>
> I think it'd be a rather difficult thing to test in a question/answer
> form...

I was thinking about this recently, and was thinking that it would be a
good idea for the AM to talk to upstream of the packages the applicant
maintains, or see if the maintainer has joined upstream's mailing lists,
etc. This could help the AM gage the communication skills of the
new maintainer.

However, this could easily turn into a lot of work for the AM.

--
gram