Re: Packaging _still_ wasteful for many large packages

It's interesting that this entire thread neglects the issue of Packages
file bloat. If we do eventually get a reorganised archive that allows
per-architecture partial mirroring, then I think that limiting sizes of
Packages files and avoiding unnecessary complexity (such as -doc or
-common packages) will perhaps be more important than saving the minimal
amount of archive space some of the packages on the posted lists take
up. Where's the dividing line?

see shy jo