Re: Packaging _still_ wasteful for many large packages

It's interesting that this entire thread neglects the issue of Packages
file bloat. If we do eventually get a reorganised archive that allows
per-architecture partial mirroring, then I think that limiting sizes of
Packages files and avoiding unnecessary complexity (such as -doc or
-common packages) will perhaps be more important than saving the minimal
amount of archive space some of the packages on the posted lists take
up. Where's the dividing line?

--
see shy jo