On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 10:05:10PM +0100, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi, Anthony Towns wrote:
> >> I believe Nathanael just got massively frustrated from constantly
> >> hitting the wall of silence.
> > *shrug* Most people grow out of temper tantrums when they're toddlers.
> IMHO there's a rather large difference between throwing a tantrum and
> using strong language out of (again IMHO: justified) frustration.

Uh, most temper tantrums are sourced from frustration. Most temper
tantrums involve strong language. Some of them get results.

> To throw back the implied insult: Most people learn to distinguish
> between the two by the time they enter school.

The distinguishing factor is that if you're throwing a tantrum you're
losing your cool, and making demands or claims that simply aren't
justified or reasonable.

> ... because of the additional (continuous) amount of work some people did,
> which would have been unnecessary if You-Know-Who had done a comparatively
> small (one-time) amount of work instead.

"You-know-who" ? Been reading too much Harry Potter?

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.
           http://conf.linux.org.au/ -- Jan 12-17, 2004