Re: Top 5 things that aren't in Debian but should be :-)

David Nusinow wrote:
On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 06:40:14PM -0300, Daniel Ruoso wrote:

I think that's missing an interactive mode for debconf. Debconf today
works like wizards and that's nice in installation, but it does not
provide a way for i.e. manage /etc/network/interfaces without
reconfiguring the entire package. Something like a "Debian Control
Panel".

That's my plan for configure-debian eventually, if I can ever get around
to working on it (scheduled for post-sarge right now). Patches and ideas
are accepted and ecouraged.

Why re-invent the wheel? If it's gpl, then why not integrate what other distributions already have? This can't be a new feature for linux distributions, so there has to be something ready to pick up. Maybe even the different distribution's solutions into a single oss project...