Re: Top 5 things that aren't in Debian but should be :-)

Dan Shearer wrote:
> So what, in your opinion, are the technologies (or significant packages)
> which should be in Debian but are not?

I think that's missing an interactive mode for debconf. Debconf today
works like wizards and that's nice in installation, but it does not
provide a way for i.e. manage /etc/network/interfaces without
reconfiguring the entire package. Something like a "Debian Control
Panel".

There are many problems sorrounding this feature, but with some defined
policies (like "never discard user changes in config file") we can make
it really nice.

daniel