Re: [mass bug filing] still depending on exim instead of exim4

Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:
> "Daniel J. Priem" <devel@walki.homelinux.org> said:
>> Am Mit, 2004-01-14 um 11.23 schrieb Marc Haber:
[...]
> However, it remains unclear to me why these 50 packages have Depends
> on exim3 instead of Depends on the virtual package
> mail-transport-agent.

They do. But it is best current practice (I think because apt breaks
otherwise) to use
Depends: real-package-providing-virtual-package-foo | virtual-package-foo
instead of listing only the virtual package
Depends: virtual-package-foo

These packages have
Depends: exim | mail-transport-agent
                  cu andreas