Re: Removal of libtool1.4

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 12:16, Henning Makholm wrote:

> Scripsit Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au>
> > I don't think it's a reportable bug -- if you make one change (updating
> > automake.in or whatever, or using X library functions), and things
> > stop working because you haven't made another change (updating to a new
> > libtool, or including the right headers respectively), well, that's really
> > your problem.
>
> Remark that the first change may well be limited to
>
>    touch configure.in
>
> If that makes things break (and, because of libtool1.4 being gone, it
> is not possible to prevent the breakage by having the right packages
> installed), then I don't see how it can *not* be a bug.

Add AM_MAINTAINER_MODE to configure.in, run autoconf.  This stops
automake attempting to regenerate ANY of the auto*tools files because it
thinks they have become outdated.

You'll then *never* need to run aclocal again, you'll also never need to
run libtoolize again.

Scott
--
Have you ever, ever felt like this?