Re: some /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ scripts don't background, hogging the whole line

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 09:30:17AM +0100, Thomas Hood wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 06:10, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> > T> A parallelizing run-parts is the right way to implement this.
> >
> > Actually, some exceptions: I was thinking about running chrony type
> > things first before the others clog the line
>
> Yes, any adequate "parallelizing" run-parts needs to allow for a
> partial ordering of script execution.

Don't re-invent the wheel, use Makefiles and "make -j". GNU make allows you
to write "include *" to include all files in a directory, so basically you
get a parallelized run-parts for free with it.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key:
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  0x888354F7
  ¯ '` ¯