some /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ scripts don't background, hogging the whole line

Can you believe some /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ script writers won't background
their jobs, hogging the whole line until their script is thru?

A> The '&' won't happen, I have already denied this in #203266.

True, often things like in /etc/init.d need to be done in sequence,
but imagine if every /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ had to hog the whole line, not
letting other unrelated jobs also share the unused precious bandwidth
left... we wouldn't be able to hang up the phone for quite a costly
while.

There ought to be a policy about this.  Or maybe the "run-parts
--parallel" idea needs to be done.

Anyway, the goals of 'have all my jobs completed?' should be
accomplished without creating the a effect of causing unrelated jobs
to not run in parallel.