Re: Removal of libtool1.4

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 12:47:46AM +0000, Henning Makholm wrote:
> In addition to the above packages, the following 42 source packages
> meet the same criteria, but with ltmain.sh located somewhere else
> than the root of the source tree, and the configure script either
> beside it or in its parent directory:

>   3dwm bird brahms drscheme eco5000 gimp-print gnat-gdb gnomemm gtkmm
>   isdnutils jade kfocus kimagemapeditor klineakconfig kmatplot
>   kmusicdb kphone kpsk ksensors ksocrat ktimetrace
>   libapache-mod-encoding libgtk-canvas libsidplay libsigc++ lineakd
>   meshio metamail ncpfs ngrep plotutils rrdtool rsplib rxvt-beta
>   sdlgfx t1lib t1lib-old tetex-bin unixodbc xcin xtux yiyantang

> In these cases I am less sure that the ltmain.sh is actually used in
> the package's build process.

In the case of unixodbc, the copy under the gODBCConfig directory is
used.  However, the GNOME-based tools included by unixodbc upstream have
so far been of such poor quality that the only reason they're still
being shipped is because I haven't spent the time to rip them out.  I
have no objection to dropping them if upstream doesn't make the effort
to keep them buildable with current tools (and possibly no objection
even if they do, unless there's some marked improvement in
functionality to boot).

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer