Re: Removal of libtool1.4

Scripsit Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net>

> So I'm going to repeat the scan for the 721 packages where signs of
> libtool 1.4 were found, this time looking for autoconf2.13-generated
> configure scripts.

So done. The following 139 source packages are the ones that have the
following properties:
 a) contains in its top-level directory (after applying the Debian
    diff) a 'configure' script generated by autoconf 2.13
 b) contains in the same place an ltmain.sh strictly prior to 1.5
 c) build-depends on neither autoconf* nor libtool*

  ace-of-penguins apl autounit bbkeys beepcore-c binutils bluez-libs
  bluez-pan bluez-utils dbmix dotconf eazel-engine entity epos esound
  evas exdbm extace fftw ftape-tools gaby gacc gbatnav gcl gclcvs
  gengameng geoip gimageview glib1.2 glimmer gmime gmime2 gnews gnofin
  gnome-libs gnome-objc gnome-print gnomermind gnucash-docs gtk+1.2
  gtk+extra gtk+extra17 gtk-engines gtk-engines-cleanice
  gtk-engines-gtkstep gtk-engines-thinice gtk-mist-engine gtk2-engines
  guile-oops gwget2 hypermail iax illuminator imagefs insight iris
  jasper jftpgw kakasi kxl libares libavc1394 libcapplet libdbi
  libdbi-drivers libdbmusic libdockapp libdvbpsi libedb libflash
  libflux0 libhttpfetcher libibtk libical libmikmod libmp3hip libnasl
  libopenobex libopenobex1.0 libsndfile0 libungif libunicode libusb
  libzorpll lpe math3d mdnkit metacity-setup namazu2 nessus-libraries
  nessus-plugins ofbis openslp pharmacy php4-interbase php4-rrdtool
  pinball pipenightdreams pornview proj proxychains python-orbit
  recode robotfindskitten rsbac-admin sdl-image1.2 sdl-net1.2
  sdl-ttf1.2 sdl-ttf2.0 smssend snac sphinx2 streamripper
  svgalib4libggi swath sweep tdb tex-guy ultrapoint uri usbutils vdk
  vdkbuilder vdkxdb vflib3 view3ds vis5d visualos vsound xirssi
  xmms-cdread xmms-infopipe xmms-rplay xmms-sid xmms-status-plugin
  xpuyopuyo xscorch xsensors yabasic

It is likely that 'aclocal && autoconf' in these packages will produce
erroneous results unless libtool1.4 is installed.

'aclocal && autoconf2.50' may or may not work. I have not done any
tests to see whether each of these packages' configure.in's can be
processed by autoconf 2.5x

In addition to the above packages, the following 42 source packages
meet the same criteria, but with ltmain.sh located somewhere else
than the root of the source tree, and the configure script either
beside it or in its parent directory:

  3dwm bird brahms drscheme eco5000 gimp-print gnat-gdb gnomemm gtkmm
  isdnutils jade kfocus kimagemapeditor klineakconfig kmatplot
  kmusicdb kphone kpsk ksensors ksocrat ktimetrace
  libapache-mod-encoding libgtk-canvas libsidplay libsigc++ lineakd
  meshio metamail ncpfs ngrep plotutils rrdtool rsplib rxvt-beta
  sdlgfx t1lib t1lib-old tetex-bin unixodbc xcin xtux yiyantang

In these cases I am less sure that the ltmain.sh is actually used in
the package's build process.

--
Henning Makholm               "Hele toget raslede imens Sjælland fór forbi."