Re: A More Radical Multi-Arch Counter-Proposal

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 09:55:33PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Forget it. A chroot is out of the question. Noone is going for it.
> >
> > Multiarch is coming and its going to have /lib, /lib32 and/or /lib64
> > dpenending on the architecture involved.
>
> Is that not short-sighted?  I already posted examples where multiple
> 32-bit architectures could be in use, for example.  If we are going to
> the effort of making this support possible, why do we not do so in a
> more inclusive way, at little additional expense?

You can think of something more or better but changing what has been
set for years will be realy hard. You have to get every other linux
distribution (or at least a majority) to agree on any change so good
luck.

I don't think anyone wants to wait for that to happen.

MfG
        Goswin