Re: Sid is unusable

bsb@winnegan.de wrote:
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 06:59:43AM -0500, David Nusinow wrote:

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 11:07:21AM +0100, Roberto Suarez Soto wrote:

	And why don't you use testing, instead? It's precisely for people like
you, that want to be more or less updated but without being exposed to the
possible problems of sid.

Lack of automated security updates. Most security fixes get in to sid
pretty fast, requiriring minimal manual intervention. See the old
flamewars.

Do I get you right? You're running testing/unstable on critical boxes
that require timely security fixes? Well, you're at your own risk. 8-O

don't (pretty much) _all_ the boxes require timely security updates? I mean every box that is connected to internet should be secured. My desktop is not extra critical but I'd rather have it more secure than less secure (specifically not having known security problems for which exploits might be widely available).

	erik