Re: Top 5 things that aren't in Debian but should be :-)

Scripsit Warren Turkal <wt@midsouth.rr.com>

> I think it would be very nice to have some minimal policy in the runlevels
> rather than just making them all the same.

AFAIU the (unwritten) policy is that the multiuser runlevels (2
through 5) are avaliable for the local sysadmin to customize according
to his own particular needs. If packages begin treating them
differently, it may interfere with local customizations.

--
Henning Makholm                   "We will discuss your youth another time."