Re: Which packages will hold up the release?

Joachim Breitner wrote:
> >  - Gnome
> >  - KDE
>
> I just wondered how far your understanding of these goes? Only the base
> environment, or also those applications that don't really belong to -

I think that the equivilant metapackages are a good first step. Pity
that one of them has still not made it into testing, and this means that
the desktop taks currently contains *only* kde. To look at it in another
way, we had some complaints about it including both, but the last way I
would have guessed those would be resolved was by the gnome developers
recusing themselves from release as they seem to have done.

joeyh@auric:~>madison gnome
     gnome |         31 |      unstable | all

> Also, please include openoffice in this list.

Openoffice is still in the ghetto of contrib. As such it will not appear
in either any tasks, or even in the default package lists for sarge,
unless something changes RSN.

--
see shy jo