Re: IMPORTANT: your message to html-tidy

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 08:00:04PM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:28:46 +1000
> Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 07:49:36AM +0100, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > i posted.  i blocked 25130 out of a total of 29605 messages.  they were all
> > spam.
>
>     They were?  You personally verified that each and every one was spam?

of course not.  i do, however, keep an eye on my mail logs and know what kind of
traffic it gets.

also, i'm confident that if my anti-spam system rejects something then there is
only a miniscule (i.e. insignificant) chance that that it was a false positive.
this chance is so small that i simply don't care.

if any given false positive was important or from someone i actually want to
hear from then they will find some other way of contacting me....i'm certainly
not going to accept over 25000 more spams per week just on the off chance that
one of them might be from someone i know with a misconfigured mail server or
whatever.

craig