Re: IMPORTANT: your message to html-tidy

on Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 01:57:54PM +1000, Matthew Palmer (mpalmer@debian.org) wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 04:26:57PM -0700, Joshua Kwan wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 06:40:46PM -0400, W3C List Manager wrote:
> > > This is a response to a message apparently sent from your address to
> > > html-tidy@w3.org:
> > >
> > >     Subject: Re: Thank you!
> > >     From:    <debian-devel@lists.debian.org>
> > >     Date:    Sat, 6 Sep 2003 18:40:45 --0400
> > >
> > > Your message has NOT been distributed to the list; before we distribute it,
> > > we need your permission to include your message in our Web archive of all
> > > messages distributed to this list.
> >
> > How ironic... C-R system at work :)
>
> This one's a bit different.  It's only asking for permission to archive
> posts to the list - I guess W3C's just trying, as hard as possible, to avoid
> any possible legal problems.

It's still an instance in which the autoresponse would not have been
triggered had any half-decent AV/AS system been used to filter out spam
and viruses.  This was a response to the SoBig.F worm.

I'm coming to the view that we're approaching the era where all mail is
going to have to be subject to filtering, at the MTA level.

Peace.

    In his dream he was walking late at night along the East Side,
    beside the river which had become so extravagantly polluted that new
    lifeforms were now emerging from it spontaneously, demanding welfare
    and voting rights.
    -- HHGTG