Re: MIA, Incompetent and holiday-loving maintainers (was: Request for NMUs.)

* Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> [2003-12-31 11:18]:
> >Could somebody please explain what is being done about this? Is anybody
> >looking at lists such as this (and bug lists in general) to see if any
> >of the maintainers are truly mia;
> I have been.  However, it doesn't seem to do any good.

I have done much work on this in the past, orphaning over 300
packages.  However, I have not had the time yet to act upon
Nathanael's summaries he posted to -qa.  I will hopefully do that
soon, though.

> Martin Mitchell is obviously MIA, but nobody's bothered to orphan
> his packages yet.

I orphaned a bunch of his packages (those which were in a really bad
shape) in September.  I'm considering orphaning the rest.  However,
you underestimate the complexity of the problem.  While Martin totally
ignored all the messages I sent him and didn't even react to me
orphaning some of his packages, he was uploading other packages.  This
makes it a hard decision to orphan all his stuff, when he's doing some
work.  At the same time, even though he made uploads, most of the
packages were still in a bad shape.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com