Re: MIA, Incompetent and holiday-loving maintainers (was: Request for NMUs.)

* Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> [2003-12-31 11:18]:
> I would suggest that the DPL delegate people to do this.

The Quality Assurance team has had the authority to orphan packages
for at least the last 2.5 years, and has acted accordingly.  The
Debian Account Manager, as per the constitution, has the power to
remove accounts, and has acted accordingly [1].  Unfortunately, the QA
team doesn't have enough people looking at this.  Your work,
Nathanael, is appreciated and you're on the best way of gaining the
authority to orphan packages yourself.

> But the current DPL shows no inclination to make any delegations

This is not true (I have, for example, create the delegate position of
an accountant); I think you have not fully understood my posting on
this matter.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/debian-devel-announce-200305/msg00006.html
--
Martin Michlmayr