Re: mass-auto-installing-testing Debian packages using pbuilder

In article <[🔎] 20031220072034.GB9951@mykerinos> bubulle@debian.org writes:
>> I'm rather non-confident, since packages like 'sendmail' have interactive
>> installation, and probably many packages still are prompting users in
>> installation; just that nobody ever bothered.
>
>Not that many.
>
>So far, when it comes to packages which do not use debconf for
>prompting (and thus are most often likely to prompt users during
>unattended installations), I have found:

You probably need to add all the packages that use ucf as well.  See
bug 194152 and all those merged with it for why /dev/tty needs to be
hardcoded in to packages using both debconf and ucf.

I tried to work aound this in hinfo's postinst, but /dev/tty still
seems to be needed when reconfiguring.

I think fixing this debconf bug should be a prerequsite to any mass
bug filing.
--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html