Re: GNU within the name

>>>>> "Erik" == Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> writes:

Erik> Momchil Velikov wrote:
>>>>>>> "Erik" == Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> writes:
Erik> I know that ms doesn't distribute gnu utils
>> FWIW, they do. GCC and GDB at least.
Erik> just to clarify: at the same time, if debian is called
>> debian
Erik> gnu/linux system because debian developers decided that it should
Erik> be called that then that's it, I don't object to that.
>> Yes. What's wrong in _convincing_ others to do the similar thing ?
>> Just like debian were convinvced ?

Erik>    same thing as convincing other to be/(not)use/(not)believe/etc XXX
Erik>    (where XXX is personal choice). specially in a zealous way (THAT's
Erik>    the RIGHT path)

  What's this ``same thing'' ?  I fail to see anything wrong in the
process of convincing anybody to anything.

Erik>    I thought I already explained it - everybody should be able to name
Erik>    the project whatever they please, without one or another author of
Erik>    used software demanding anything beyond GPL (talkig about GPL-ed
Erik>    software).

  Nobody argues with this.  But you seem to think that somebody's
right to name something invalidates my right to attempt to influence
the naming decision.

~velco