Re: security enhanced debian branch?

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:19, Steve Kemp <skx@debian.org> wrote:
>   Even compiling most of the stable distribution will not prove that
>  things are "safe", I guess we only know if we enable it and see what
>  happens on non-x86 platforms, something I'm not really able to test
>  directly.

Given that you don't have direct access to anything other than i386 I suggest
that we initially only enable it for that platform.

Once it's in main for i386 then we can start looking at other platforms.

Of course if someone who has direct access to another platform wants to
generate packages for it then that would be great!  They could get support
for their platform at the same time as i386.