Re: GNU within the name (Was: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s))

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 02:26:27PM +0200, Momchil Velikov wrote:

> Mathieu> If we follow your theory, it means that if someday another
> Mathieu> system use the glibc, we should remove the GNU from the
> Mathieu> GNU/Linux name.

<rereads>

Arrgh...

My apologies - I've managed to misparse the quote above.  Sorry.

OK...  That way it does make sense, but...  the rest of the arguments still
stands - libc has at least the same influence as the kernel and far more
than which implementation of cp(1), etc. is used on the system.

Anyway, that's far off-topic, so let's keep the followups off-list.
Apologies for misparsing.