Re: [OT] Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 06:00:41PM -0700, Joel Baker wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 04:21:40PM -0800, Nunya wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 02:02:03PM -0600, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> > > And way out from Right Field...
> >
> > http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/appeal-to-ridicule.html

> > substitute any racial or ethnic group for christians
> > see how the statements sound in your ears then
>
> There are very important distinctions between the following statements:
>
> "Christians are stupid."
>
> "Tenets of the Christian faith offend me."
>
> "I consider a belief in <X> to be foolish/silly/stupid/whatever."
>
> "Organized religion is meaningful only as a method of controlling people
> gullible enough to fall for it."

I wasn't thinking of you, but let's take a quote of yours and see which
of these statements is most applicable:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200312/msg01512.html:
"(religious fanatics - the one group that seems
more incapable of mastering spelling and grammar than the speakers of
'Leet)"

Is this about a tenet of the Christian faith?  No
Is it a statement about organized religion or mind control? No
Is It a statement about a Christian's belief?  No

That only leaves one alternative.

Face it.  You're practicing hate speech.  You're not better than what
you hate.