Re: Complaint

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 06:57:46PM +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:

> > Looking at the graphs ti seems obvious that the way how to get buildds
> > running again is known for about 5 days now.
> You're complaining about a delay of five days in a project run by
> volunteers and which has been hit very severly by a break-in? I would
> start complaining about missing services after about two months (or
> maybe after two weeks without no visible activity)...

No, I don´t complain about the delay but about the communication.

> I assume that you are in a position to help DSAs and Ryan regarding
> m68k-buildd. Have you asked this information directly from them ("Hi,
> what can I do to make your job easier regarding m68k-buildd?")? If
> not, what makes you think that volunteers work better if you complain
> publicly?

I already contacted Ryan for a different issue and got no response at all.
Go and figure out my motivation to ask him again.

> > Yes. In both cases the informationwas given nearly instantly - and nothing
> > happened yet.
> So you think that the response time of DSAs should be one working day
> or three days including holidays? Do you know that the DSAs are not
> paid for 24/7 support?

So what? I don´t get paid for my work for Debian as well. And I´m not only
investing time but money as well (in regards of hardware, power and other
things).
Just tell me that my help isn´t appreciated anymore and it´ll be fine for
me. I got save much time and money when ceasing *any* support for Debian. Is
that what you are want me to do?

> > So, you?re telling that only one person can fix things?
> If you feel that there should be more people in the DSA group, go
> ahead and suggest people who are both willing to take the job and
> qualified enough to be allowed.

See the mips buildd threads before the compromise.

> > You excuse James as being busy with more important things and denying the
> > same for me? How can you know that I don?t have other important things to do
> You seem to have enough free time to spend in a basically pointless
> argument (publicly critising volunteers who are busy is not
> productive, even if you point is otherwise valid).

Oh, and I´m not a volunteer? Geeez... then tell me please where I can get my
money for my work for Debian!
When someone is making a pointless contribution to this discussion, then
it´s you.

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/