Re: Complaint

On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 08:29:35PM +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:

> True, if you try to get rid of the current volunteers, then publicly
> criticising them is somewhat productive. This usually slows things
> down, though, and I think that Ingo's point is that things are not
> moving fast enough.

Not quite...
It´s about "When it´s not fast enough, it should be explained to the people
that are involved, why it lasts so long."
When there are reasons why not all archs are building packages again, the
reasons should be explained to the porters, maybe asking in help to solve
the problems faster than dealing with them on your own.
As you can see in the mentioned graphs, first one arch started to work again
and shortly after there were three archs. So, it seems to me that the
problems are solved and the way of solving is known. So why isn´t that
communicated to the other buildd people?
It´s not that bad to wait, but it´s bad waiting without any information for
how long you have to wait. I think I made my point clear?
When you don´t communicate to the people that rely on your work, they start
asking somewhen you. But when you are saying them "Hey, there is this and
that problem and it will be possibly solved until next Wednesday...", people
have all the info they need and don´t start to distrub you with questions.

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/