Re: Complaint

Ingo Juergensmann <ij@2003.bluespice.org> writes:
> Looking at the graphs ti seems obvious that the way how to get buildds
> running again is known for about 5 days now.

You're complaining about a delay of five days in a project run by
volunteers and which has been hit very severly by a break-in? I would
start complaining about missing services after about two months (or
maybe after two weeks without no visible activity)...

> Granted. ItŽs easier to find a solution for one buildd.
> But the solution is there for 5 days now. It is known to be working and
> still there is no information yet, what is changed nor what other archs can
> do to speed up the restore of their buildds.

I assume that you are in a position to help DSAs and Ryan regarding
m68k-buildd. Have you asked this information directly from them ("Hi,
what can I do to make your job easier regarding m68k-buildd?")? If
not, what makes you think that volunteers work better if you complain
publicly?

> Yes. In both cases the informationwas given nearly instantly - and nothing
> happened yet.

So you think that the response time of DSAs should be one working day
or three days including holidays? Do you know that the DSAs are not
paid for 24/7 support?

>> Sorry, I just cannot take your complaint seriously.
> ThatŽs sad - for you, not for me, that youŽre taking complains not serious
> although there are reasons for doing so. :-(

I have to agree with Martin. If you have too much time in your hands
go and fix some RC bugs. If you are busy doing other work, fine.

> So, youŽre telling that only one person can fix things?

If you feel that there should be more people in the DSA group, go
ahead and suggest people who are both willing to take the job and
qualified enough to be allowed.

> You excuse James as being busy with more important things and denying the
> same for me? How can you know that I donŽt have other important things to do

You seem to have enough free time to spend in a basically pointless
argument (publicly critising volunteers who are busy is not
productive, even if you point is otherwise valid).

> How can I help to fix situation when IŽm not allowed to? Or even donŽt get

You cannot. You can, however, try to put yourself into a position
where you can help in the future. The choice is yours.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *